Tilly & The Buttons Bettine Sewing Pattern
Make your own dress with help from this easy-to-use sewing pattern.
Bettine is an easy-peasy throw-it-over-your-head dress. It has a blousy bodice with scoop neckline, kimono sleeves which hang softly around the underarm, turn-up cuffs, elasticated waistline to cinch you in and flattering tulip skirt.
3 in stock
PRINTED PATTERN – You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL – Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Light to medium-weight drapey fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), cotton voile, lawn or chambray. If you’re a confident stitcher, try a delicate crêpe or georgette.
- Fabric – 2m (2 ¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 3m (3 ¼ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Your waist measurement in 9-12mm (1/2in) wide elastic
- 0.3m (1/2 yard) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 x 1.5-2cm (5/8-3/4in) buttons for cuff tabs
- Medium-large safety pin
- Sewing machine and basic tools
SIZES (body measurements):
|1||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)|